Are you a passionate theatre lover with a keen eye for detail and excellent writing skills? Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to be part of the world-renowned Edinburgh Festival Fringe? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you as an Edinburgh Fringe Reviewer!
We are currently seeking Edinburgh Fringe Reviewers to join our Guest Reviewer Programme for the upcoming Edinburgh Festival Fringe. As a Theatre Reviewer, you will play a crucial role in providing insightful and engaging reviews of performances at the festival, helping to inform and guide audiences and artists alike.
- Attend a wide range of theatre performances at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe, including plays, musicals, comedy shows, and more. You’ll get to choose what shows you cover but you’ll need to commit to cover at least 15 performances across the 4 weeks of the Fringe.
- Write thought-provoking reviews that capture the essence of the performances and provide valuable feedback on various aspects such as acting, directing, script, production values, and overall impact.
- Meet tight deadlines for submitting reviews in a timely manner to be published on our social media platforms.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends, news, and developments in the theatre industry, particularly within the context of the Edinburgh Festival Fringe.
- Lover of theatre.
- Excellent writing skills, including the ability to craft engaging, insightful, and unbiased reviews that are suitable for social media platforms.
- Deep understanding and appreciation of theatre, with the ability to analyse performances critically and objectively.
- Strong time management and organizational skills, with the ability to meet tight deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with a positive and collaborative attitude.
- Availability to work during the Edinburgh Festival Fringe (August 5-28, 2023 – part or all of the festival) and attend performances throughout .
To apply to be an Edinburgh Fringe Reviewer, check out the terms and conditions here, then submit your application here, you’ll need to include two writing samples of a theatre review that you have previously written (these do not have to have been published). We welcome applications from everyone, and are particularly interested in hearing from under-represented voices. We look forward to receiving your application!
Based elsewhere in the UK but still want to be a theatre reviewer? Check out our UK Guest Reviewer Programme here.