Leading theatre artists feature in live-streamed artist talks and an International Women’s Day streamed concert event on performing arts platform Thespie.
Theatre discovery platform Thespie today announces eight new online theatre and arts events during the month of March. The program spans several artist talks with theatre professionals of varying disciplines, particularly women creatives, and is headlined by an International Women’s Day streaming event.
The Reunion x Girl Power (8 March) is a double-feature of concerts filmed in October and December of 2020 and will include previously unreleased behind-the-scenes footage and interviews, along with an artist Q&A created specifically
for International Women’s Day. This special 2-hour event stars Aimie Atkinson, Alexia McIntosh, Grace Mouat, Millie O’Connell, Natalie Paris, Maiya Quansah-Breed, and Jarneia Richard-Noel, seven of the UK’s top vocal powerhouses who originally met as the original West End queens of the musical SIX.
The Reunion x Girl Power will be available to stream on-demand following the premiere, and purchasers will have 7 days to view. Tickets for each are £15/$20 per household, and are available at https://thespie.com
The free-to-view informal chat series Thespie Thursdays continues throughout March, this month featuring women theatre creatives whose experiences span a variety of disciplines:
- Lucy Moss (4 March) – co-creator of the musical SIX, and director of Ratatouille: The TikTok Musical, developed collaboratively across the TikTok video platform
- Danielle Tarento (11 March) – theatre producer and casting professional focusing mostly on musical theatre
- Olissa Rogers (18 March) – casting director covering stage and screen
- Hannah Hauer-King (25 March) – stage director of theatre, comedy, cabaret, and musicals, and head of the all women theatre company Damsel Productions
There are also new instalments of the In the Room series of free artist talks, which comprise conversations with performers and creators and about writing, rehearsal, and collaboration. Guests include:
- Ore Oduba (3rd March) – TV & radio presenter, musical theatre artist and Strictly Come Dancing champion
- Jamael Westman (10 March) – original West End Hamilton who performed the role in both London and Los Angeles
- Sharon Rose (24 March) – musical theatre artist from the UK production of Hamilton, and 2020 Netflix Christmas film Jingle Jangle
Audiences can use Thespie to stream its original programming of concerts and artist talks, as well as more than 400 other shows; and to discover over 1000 theatre resources available on other popular platforms and services, such as Disney+, Amazon Prime, Spotify and Audible.