World renowned production company Underbelly are preparing to conquer the Edinburgh Fringe Festival once again this year as they gear up to return to Circus Hub on the Meadows at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival with 11 incredible shows spanning circus, cabaret, comedy, variety and more. Covering two alluring venues – The Lafayette Big Top and The Beauty Spiegeltent – as well as an outdoor bar, Underbelly’s Circus Hub is unrivalled, there really is no place like it – it is the true home of Circus at the Edinburgh Fringe.
Audiences can escape the hustle and bustle of the Royal Mile with this incredible raft of shows that promise to delight, inspire and entertain Fringe goers all day and night. There is something for everyone on this incredible programme of Circus Hub shows – showcasing the most awe-inspiring acts from the UK and across the globe, Underbelly’s Circus Hub plays host to an incredibly diverse line-up with performers hailing from the UK, USA, Canada, Belgium, Australia and Ethiopia. See below for more info on each:
· World class company The 7 Fingers is returning to the Edinburgh Fringe to take the world premiere of The 7 Fingers: Duel Reality – a must for fans of Romeo Juliet and star-crossed lovers and wondrous acrobatics.
· Let yourself be seduced by Circa’s Peepshow (Club Remix) visionary remix of cheeky cabaret, live music and thrilling acrobatics.
· Olivier Award-winning cabaret spectacular La Clique’s return home to the Fringe with new performers and unmissable favourites.
· Come and join the revelry of The Revel Puck Circus’ brand-new show The Wing Scuffle Spectacular; reimagine what circus could be!
· Brave Space is back with an intimate, all-female led cast of bold physical artists congregating in the tiniest of tents to encompass a wondrous world of circus.
· Brought direct from Chicago, the creators of Brave Space. Aloft presents Sanctuary; apunk-rock underground circus cabaret open to all.
· You’re all invited to Sophie’s Surprise 29th; an interactive circus & cabaret show stumbling into Circus Hub with its Fringe debut, featuring world-class performers.
· Circus Abyssinia’s mesmerising show TULU, inspired by real-life Ethiopian superwoman Derartu Tulu’s Olympic gold, returns to inspire audiences.
· Fun for the whole family with Trash Test Dummies’ award winning, side-splitting, slapstick comedy-circus routine
· Join Lucky Pigeons on a journey to a magical, surreal space created through incredible contemporary circus.
· For the first time, Théâtre d’Un Jour presents their act of resistance Reclaim, a collective experience which aims to bring what we need most in the world to Edinburgh – Humanity.
Created in 2015, The Underbelly Circus Hub was the first ever major space dedicated to circus at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe. The venues names – Lafayette (550-seat big top) and Beauty (500-seat Spiegeltent) – have a deeper history and pay homage to Edinburgh’s great tradition of circus performance. Named in honour of two of history’s greatest circus performers and illusionists – The Great Lafayette, and his beloved performing dog Beauty. These remarkable venues celebrate the legacy of circus performance in Edinburgh, whilst providing state of the art spaces to host spectacular and technically ambitious circus work of a level that has never been seen before at the Fringe, right in the beating heart of the city.
Underbelly’s Head of Programming Marina Dixon said: “Circus Hub on the Meadows has become the home of the world’s most exciting Circus at the Fringe, presenting first class circus performers from all around the world. This year we welcome shows from Australia, Ethiopia, UK, Canada, Belgium and the USA.
“Featuring a mix of Fringe favourites returning home alongside some thrilling debuts, the programme features a huge variety of circus acts as well as music, cabaret and shows for children! From families to late night fringe revellers there truly is something for everyone. Join us at Circus Hub this August and prepare to be amazed!”
For tickets and more information head to: www.underbellyedinburgh.co.uk