Underbelly share that BERNIE DIETER’S CLUB KABARETT will be the inaugural production at Underbelly Boulevard, Soho, opening on 17 October 2023 for a strictly limited 12-week run, with tickets on sale from Friday 8 September 2023. underbellyboulevard.com
BERNIE DIETER’S CLUB KABARETT is a luxuriously gin soaked, Weimar-punk evening of dangerously funny kabarett, breathtaking circus and fire-breathing sideshow at its most inappropriate, provocative and hilarious best. Join über-award-winning kabarett superstar Bernie Dieter and her travelling family of misfits and miscreants for an unmissable night of live music and cutting-edge cabaret. This will mark the UK premiere of Club Kabarett following sell out seasons in Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Japan and Bernie Dieter’s previous shows, Little Death Club and Berlin Underground, in London and Edinburgh.
BERNIE DIETER’S CLUB KABARETT features acts from:
Running away with the circus at a young Adam is bold, brash and brazen, and what he does every night with his body will take your breath away.
Winning Mr Pole Dance World in 2022, Blue is a phenomenon on the pole. With strength, beauty and grace, he does it all in 12-inch heels.
The Seifert Sisters
These girls do it all, and they do it all together. As a duo they have toured the world wowing audiences with their incredible skills in a huge variety of disciplines.
Blurring the lines of gender and gravity, Joe is a world-class aerialist you won’t be able to take your eyes off.
Bella has performed all over the world, and she is a fierce force to be reckoned with when she hits the stage.
Mark Elton– Band leader/Bass
Mark Elton is one of the world’s leading Bassists. He has travelled extensively and played with some of the world’s greatest musicians, earning him recognition on the international music stage.
Frankie South– Guitar
Frankie is a professional guitarist based in London UK, who’s recent work includes being the guitarist in the new Olivier Award nominated hip-hop musical ‘SYLVIA’ starring Beverly Knight at The Old Vic Theatre, and playing the Guitar 1 chair on the German production of ‘We Will Rock You’ touring across Europe.
Laura Williams– Drums
Laura has toured the world playing the drums for everything from River Dance to Punch drunk and the Royal Shakespeare company.
UNDERBELLY BOULEVARD is also delighted to announce further information on additional strands of programming that will sit alongside Club Kabarett, both as late evening residencies and daytime programming.
- Boulevard Presents. A curated programme of exclusive late evening live music from stars of the stage, screen and music worlds. Intimate, eclectic and unexpected.
- London Comedy Allstars. Underbelly’s flagship comedy brand, as seen on the Southbank, Earls Court and Cavendish Square, comes to Boulevard for a monthly late evening residency, with the finest of comedians performing in different line-ups each month.
- BATSU! Following ongoing residencies in New York and Chicago and a sold out run at the Edinburgh Fringe, the hit comedy experience that merges the Japanese batsu game with American improv humour, comes to Underbelly Boulevard. BATSU! features comedy warriors testing their improvisation wits to avoid painful, humiliating and ridiculous punishments. BATSU! (罰 or ばつ) is the Japanese word for punishment or penalty and is the foundation of the cross-cultural comedy show. In BATSU!, four warriors face off in hilarious challenges where the losers receive electric shocks, paintballs, and other jaw-dropping punishments. The experience is produced by BATSU! Moon, and originally launched in Manhattan’s East Village in 2011 by Face Off Unlimited. batsulive.com
- Circus Lates. Monthly residencies from some of the UK’s hottest circus and cabaret companies. Late evening spectaculars with DJs to keep that party going into the small hours.
- Kids DO Soho. Boulevard’s curated programme of exceptional family entertainment for toddles to teens. Cast off the shackles of conventional family shows and let your children run away to the circus, be amazed by magic, dance the ‘day’ away to live music and get inspired by the finest in family friendly cabaret. The Kids DO Soho programme will run at weekends with additional shows in half terms and school holidays.
Further information on dates, shows and other performances to be announced soon.
Operated by Underbelly, producers of the seven-time Olivier award-winning Cabaret and iconic live entertainment events, UNDERBELLY BOULEVARD is a brand-new home for the hottest cabaret, variety and music, comprising of a 200-capacity performance venue, a rehearsal room for hire, daytime hire for events, readings and workshops, a bar and a 100 cover restaurant.
The original Boulevard Theatre site began as a sister venue to the Raymond Revuebar in the late 1950s, before becoming a small theatre in its own right, the ‘Elle et Lui’ theatre. In the late 1970’s, it was renamed the Boulevard Theatre, and was home to a wide variety of productions, most famously to ‘The Comic Strip’, but also included ‘The Collector’ by John Fowles, adapted by David Parker, ‘Infidelities’ starring Jill Bennett and Eddie Izzard’s ‘Raging Bull’ comedy club before closing its doors in the early 1990’s. In 2010, Soho Estates began an extensive regeneration of the Walker’s Court area which included the reopening the Boulevard Theatre in October 2019.